What's in these terms?
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 11th February 2020.
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that it, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities, and we may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of it at any time for business or operational reasons.
Please note that these terms do not apply to any contract for the purchase of the vehicle itself, nor to any contract for the provision of financial credit.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our site you accept these terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- Information on our site.
- Our site is only for users in the UK.
- Reserving a vehicle or booking a test drive.
- Cancelling your reservation or booking and obtaining a refund.
- Events outside our control.
- How you may use material on our site.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- When we are responsible for loss or damage suffered by you.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site.
- General provisions.
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Additional Terms and Conditions
Who we are and how to contact us
https://www.seaplacegarage.co.uk is a site operated by Sea Place Garage.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 01903 242389 or write to us at 67-69 Goring Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN12 4AX.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
These terms apply to any contract which may be concluded between us for the reservation and/or test drive of a vehicle you have found on this site. They are intended to represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter. If you are a business customer these terms constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to your purchase, and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these terms. If you are a consumer and believe you have relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in these terms, please contact us to clarify the position.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our terms and conditions of sale (available from Sea Place Garage), which set out the terms of any contract for the purchase of a vehicle.
Information on this site
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Any descriptions or illustrations on our site are for illustrative purposes only, and are published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the vehicles described in them. They will not form part of any contract or have any contractual force. We have made every effort to display the colours accurately, but we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the vehicles.
- Any part exchange valuations obtained on this site are only estimates, based on the information you have submitted. The actual valuation will be agreed after we have appraised the part exchange vehicle.
- Any finance quotes obtained on this site are illustrative examples, based on the vehicle and the numbers you have submitted. Your application for finance will be processed by the finance company, not by us, and will take into account your personal credit rating so the actual finance quote may be different.
- We reserve the right to amend the specification of any vehicle described on this site if required to do so by any applicable statutory or regulatory requirement, to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, or if the amendment will not materially affect its nature or quality.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations. You may use this site to reserve a vehicle or test drive from an address outside the United Kingdom, but we do not deliver vehicles outside the United Kingdom, and any test drives must take place at the address in the United Kingdom which we specify. Finance quotes are not applicable to persons residing outside the United Kingdom.
Reserving a vehicle or booking a test drive
Please follow the onscreen prompts to reserve your vehicle or book a test drive.
You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the booking, and provide us with such information as we may reasonably require in order to fulfil the booking, and ensure that such information is complete and accurate in all material respects, and you hold a full UK driving licence on the date booked for the test drive.
After you submit the booking, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received it, but please note that this does not mean that it has been accepted. Our acceptance will take place when we send an email to you.
If we are unable to reserve the vehicle or offer you a test drive on the specified date, we will inform you of this by email. This might be because the vehicle has already been sold, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because a credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the vehicle or because we are unable to meet an agreed deadline.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to meet any dates specified in the Confirmation, but any such dates are not guaranteed and, whilst we will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you in advance if we are unable to ensure a vehicle is available for a test drive on the specified date and to agree a mutually convenient alternative date, you will have no rights or remedies against us if we fail to ensure a vehicle is so available.
If we are not satisfied you hold a full UK driving licence and are legally fit to drive the vehicle on the date booked for the test drive, we will be entitled to cancel the Order and require you to rearrange an alternative date for the test drive.
If you wish to make a change to a date you have booked for a test drive, please contact us as soon as possible to book an alternative date. We may not be able to guarantee that the vehicle will still be available.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control (Event Outside Our Control).
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under the Contract, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We will arrange a new date for the test drive after the Event Outside Our Control is over. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if the Event Outside Our Control has continued, or seems likely to continue, for more than 30 days, you may contact us to cancel the Order and receive a refund of any reservation or booking fee you have paid.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions.
- Nothing in these terms limits or affects the exclusions and limitations set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale (available from Sea Place Garage).
- This section will survive the termination of any contract between us.
Only if you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these terms by statute, including without limitation the terms which might be implied in any contract for the sale of a vehicle by sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, by common law or otherwise are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from any contract between us.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, our site or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Subject to the previous paragraphs of this section, our total liability to you arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, will be limited to the total amount payable by you under the contract.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Assignment and transfer: We may assign or transfer our rights and obligations under the Contract to another entity but will always notify you in writing or by posting on this webpage if this happens. You may only assign or transfer your rights or your obligations under the Contract to another person if we agree in writing.
Waiver: If we do not insist that you perform any of your obligations under the Contract, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you or that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive any rights, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any right related to any later default by you.
Severance: Each paragraph of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them is unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Third party rights: The Contract is between you and us. No other person has any rights to enforce any of its terms.
Complaints: If a problem arises or you are dissatisfied with the Services, we have a comprehensive complaints policy (available from Sea Place Garage).
Alternative dispute resolution: Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are a consumer and are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to Trading Standards. You can find your local branch via their website. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Centurion Warranty Terms and Conditions
1. This warranty agreement is provided and administered on our behalf by Centurion Warranties Ltd to cover the sudden unforeseen mechanical and electrical failure of covered parts relating to the cover option selected on your warranty application/schedule. General wear and tear is not covered by this agreement unless otherwise stated.
2. There is no cover in place until the warranty application has been received and accepted by us and we have received all relevant payments in full. 3. No claim will be paid until full payment has been received.
4. This warranty agreement will reimburse you for failed components, labour and VAT, subject to the claims procedure being followed and the failed components being covered under the terms of your warranty agreement.
5. You may claim up to the maximum claim limit as per your warranty application (up to the retail value of your car over the warranty period). This includes all parts, labour and VAT.
6. Centurion Warranties Ltd will only pay for parts if they are covered under your selected cover as per your warranty application.
7. This warranty can only apply to cars, caravans and light commercial vehicles up to 35cwt and with a retail value of Â£500 and over.
8. This warranty WILL also cover vehicles used for hire and reward subject to notification to Centurion Warranties Ltd and an additional premium being paid. Failure to notify us will result in potential claims being rejected and your warranty agreement being nullified without any refund of premium.
9. This warranty agreement WILL NOT provide cover for service vehicles (police, fire, ambulance) or vehicles used in any sort of competitions, rallies, off road use, pace making or track day events.
10. This agreement will be governed by the Law of England and Wales. Nothing detailed within this agreement will reduce or affect your statutory rights. If you require any further advice you can contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
11. This warranty agreement does not cover you for any form of accident (this is covered by your normal road risk insurance).
12. This warranty agreement does not cover any component(s) that have been modified or do not form part of the manufacturer's original design.
13. Your warranty is valid for mechanical breakdown in the United Kingdom and the European Union.
14. This agreement will cover you if a mechanical breakdown occurs within the confines of the European Union. As standard this warranty covers you for a maximum of 90 days throughout the life of this agreement.
15. REPAIRS MUST NOT BE CARRIED OUT WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORISATION OF CENTURION WARRANTIES LTD.
16. This warranty agreement does not offer any reimbursement for any repairs if you have not followed the correct claims procedure as detailed in your warranty agreement.
17. In the event of a problem occurring with your vehicle, you should stop and seek advice from your local repairer and contact Centurion Warranties Ltd immediately to avoid any further damage which would not be claimable under your warranty agreement.
18. In the event of a claim, we reserve the right to appoint the repairer of the vehicle.
19. In the event of a claim we reserve the right to inspect your vehicle by appointing a qualified third party engineer to inspect any failed parts. The decision of the appointed engineer shall be final.
20. This warranty agreement will only pay for one repair on any of the parts listed (i.e we will not pay for the same repair/part(s) twice).
21. Authorised costs are limited to not more than the manufacturer's listed labour times detailed as the manufacturer's official time to perform an agreed repair (subject to limits shown against your warranty's labour rate). Repair times will be assessed and agreed using Glass's I.C.M.E. repair time data. Where applicable we will check quoted part(s) costs against motor factor pattern parts costs and agree costs accordingly.
22. The liability of this agreement is to return the vehicle to its condition prior to the failure.
23. If upon reporting a claim it is necessary to inspect the vehicle to ascertain the cause of failure, you must authorise the repairing garage to dismantle to a point necessary for an engineer to view the damaged components. These costs will be included (subject to your overall claim limit) provided your claim is valid.
24. This warranty agreement will not cover fire, frost, snow, water ingress, ice, flooding, freezing, corrosion, cracked blocks, cracked cylinder heads due to lack of anti-freeze, all fluid leaks or poor workmanship (with exception to any parts noted under your warranty agreement).
25. WE TAKE FRAUD VERY SERIOUSLY and if it is established that fraud has been committed, we reserve the right to cancel your warranty agreement without any refund of premium.
26. If the vehicle is sold or disposed of, this warranty agreement will come to an end unless the transfer procedure has been followed and accepted. If you wish to transfer this agreement to a new private owner you must notify us within 5 working days of you no longer being the registered keeper and an administration fee of Â£25 paid. In the event of death, we will transfer the balance of this agreement to an immediate relative without charge.
27. You have the right to cancel this warranty agreement within 14 days from the start date. If you have made a payment to the supplying dealer then you should request a refund from them. We reserve the right to decline your cancellation request and to charge an administration fee if applicable.
28. This agreement does not cover failed parts needing to be replaced at the point of MOT, service or any routine health checks whatsoever.
29. YOUR VEHICLE MUST BE SERVICED BY A VAT REGISTERED GARAGE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANUFACTURER'S RECOMMENDATIONS. You have a maximum of 1,000 miles or 30 days (which ever occurs sooner) to have the service completed. Failure to adhere to this will result in your warranty agreement coming to an end with no refund being given. All relevant service invoices must be retained as we may request these to be presented to us before you seek reimbursement for any claims you make.
30. This warranty agreement will not cover timing belts replaced as part of a routine service as stated by the manufacturer's schedule. However, this warranty agreement will cover premature timing belt failure along with any other damage caused by such failure. Centurion Warranties Ltd will request a service invoice to prove the timing belt has been changed in accordance with the manufacturer's service schedule if it is deemed necessary.
31. Engine and manual/automatic gearbox claims will be rejected, if it is proven that previous scheduled oil and filter changes have not taken place at the specified time. 32. You must at all times observe the laws of using you vehicle on the public highway. This warranty agreement exists for mechanical breakdown of covered parts occurring through normal road use only. You are therefore required to ensure your vehicle is correctly taxed, MOT'd and insured in accordance with current laws. Mechanical breakdown will not be covered by this agreement if your vehicle was not taxed, MOT'd or insured for road use at the time of your claim.
33. Consequential damage is covered as standard under this warranty agreement. This warranty agreement will cover consequential damage if the failure of a covered component causes another covered component to fail. Damage caused by non-covered components which cause damage to covered components are not covered by this agreement.
34. This warranty agreement does not cover the incorrect grade/use of fuel or any failure that has been caused by the incorrect use of fuel.
35. This warranty agreement will not cover any cost arising from any type of ineffectual, experimental or non- affective repair(s) or fault(s) that where inherent at the time of purchase.
36. This warranty agreement will not cover any cost arising from poor preparation. In most cases we will instruct third party engineers to ascertain/confirm an inherent fault.
37. This warranty agreement does not cover bodily damage/death, accident damage or any other damage howsoever caused.
38. Any excess shown within your warranty agreement will be deducted from the overall agreed amount paid by Centurion Warranties Ltd as part of a valid claim.
39. Any additional benefit will form part of the maximum payout as detailed on your warranty application.
40. Any â€˜Warranty Extraâ€™ selected will not form part of your maximum claim limit unless your claim limit is lower than the one stated in this agreement.
41. This warranty agreement will not cover acts of negligence or driver abuse which render components inoperative.
42. This warranty agreement will not cover any components that do not form part of the cover shown in you warranty agreement.